Saturday, January 1, 2011

day 1

I want you to know I thought all week about what to take a picture of.  Nothing fabulous or amazing came to mind.  I asked myself, what one thing symbolized the first day of a new year,  or what do I want to accomplish this year.  I started to think... and there were just too many ideas.  UNTIL... I was at the gym running my heart out all the while watching a movie on Lifetime T.V.  It was about these three fat ladies and their quest to get skinny again and what it was they wanted at the end of their journey.  One said she wanted to wear a bikini, one said she wanted to fit into this lovely wedding dress and the other wanted a fancy pair of shoes.  As I watched, what I call a silly show, but great in the way that it kept me running on that treadmill, I listened to these ladies discuss their determination and how they BELIEVED they could do this together.  My thoughts quickly turned to the other night when I was playing the game Sequence for Kids with my three kids.  My oldest, not great at losing was not handling it well.  I tried to help her... I said, "You know how daddy thinks he is Green Light Neils-C, and how he always gets green lights?  Well, it's because he BELIEVES he is.  Do you understand what I'm saying?  You need to believe that you can win this game and you'll be amazed at how many times you will win.  But if you believe you're going to lose, I guarantee you'll lose the game every time."  I got a bit of a nod from her through the tears, but it was my boy who I think understood the lesson best of all.  The next day, in the van while driving, from the back of the van came his sweet little voice.  He asked me, "Mom?  Did you pass all your tests to have a baby?"  I looked over at my husband with a curious look, wondering what he'd say next.  "Yes, I responded, why do you ask?"  He said, "Oh good, so now you just have to BELIEVE you'll have a baby and you will."  Tears filled my eyes.  So as I kept running, it hit me... BELIEVE!  I just need to believe and I can do it.  This sits on a shelf in my kitchen.  I look at it every day.  Now it means a little more to me.
So with this new year, here are a few things I believe!
1.  I believe I can actually do this 365 day challenge.
2.  I believe I can lose 10 lbs.
3.  I believe I can save more and spend less (I probably shouldn't admit this to my husband, but I'd really like to).
4.  I believe I can get to church on time this year (9am is brutal for me).
5. I believe I will have another baby.
So excuse me for my lack of creativity when it comes to the photo, but this is how my year begins... BELIEVING I can!
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it Steph. It's perfect in every way. What an amazing way to start your year :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete