Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm sorry!

So, I've been absent for a couple of days (okay more like a couple of weeks).  I will blame it on motherhood!  Life gets away from me so quickly and when I finally have a minute I realize, WOW... I'm a little behind!  I know women that do SO much more than I do, so I feel guilty saying I'm busy.  I don't know what else to say though.  It's the truth.  My life to me feels busy, jam packed full of stuff to do and a to do list that never seems to get finished.  I've wrestled with the idea of "going back" but that just adds to my list of things to do and keeps me from crossing off the task.  So here I am, hoping you'll give me a second chance to stick to the plan... A picture a day for 365 days. 
 
The other day, I came across a blog.  Not even sure how I got there, but it has really stuck with me and been on my mind a lot.  I have been back a few times to get updates, each time with tears streaming down my face as I read.  I don't think I will ever forget this woman, her tragedy, her strength, her faith, and the power of prayer (in case you're interested in her story).  So for me this picture is perfect.  It reminds me of what is really important in life.  It's not the laundry basket of clothes that needs to be put away, or the toilet that hasn't been scrubbed for weeks, it's this... my family.  My darling kids who absolutely LOVE to be tickled by daddy and a daddy who LOVES to make them smile.  I am so lucky to have this, and to have lived this moment.  It's so contagious, their little laughs get me every time.  I laugh listening to them laugh.  It's good stuff!  And you all know I'm a sucker for candid moments!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. The blogger world (especially me) has missed you. Please stay this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Steph, do I need to come over there and strap you to your computer every day to get caught up?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it the best?! I too get caught up in all the chores that suck time away from my kids. I see other mothers keeping their houses so spic and span and then I feel pressured to keep up....while my kids are begging for my attention! Thanks for the reminder that my precious kids, my precious family, are so much more important!

    ReplyDelete