Monday, March 14, 2011

day 73

So, today after some shopping and walking around the area we ran into a friend of Neils' from work who shared the news he had just proposed to his girlfriend.  It was fun news and of course, a photo opportunity.  Nick suggested we go to where he proposed and take some pictures.  I was up for it after being completely disappointed with the lack of things to do around where we were staying.  He said it was just five minutes up the road and he could take us in the car he had rented.  We planned to meet up just before sunset, cause isn't Hawaii known for it's sunsets?  Well, after more like a 15 minute drive and some stress as to where we could even park, we jumped out hoping to catch the sun before it was gone.  I was under the impression it was out on the beach... no.  It was on a cliff overlooking the beach but there was a lighthouse.  I scrambled to get a few shots.  I got a few, but I wanted a romantic silhouette on the beach.  We ran back to the car and down the road, hoping to find a spot we could get down to the beach.  We watched the sun go, go, and gone without a sunset really.  Nothing exciting, nothing like I've imagined Hawaii sunsets to be, maybe it's just Oahu, cause I remember better sunsets in Mauii.  

No comments:

Post a Comment