Thursday, November 17, 2011

11-17-2011

This evening my sister in law, Jen and her husband Adam had their fourth baby girl, Lia Nicole Jorgensen.  My other sister in law, Jill always in the know about when a baby is born in this family texted me and asked if I wanted to go with her to go see Jen.  I didn't know she had even gone into the hospital, so my reaction was, "Why is Jen okay?"  She said, "she had her baby!"  WHAT!!!  So of course, I wanted to go.  After dinner and getting the kids to bed at 8pm (GO ME!!! that's amazing, at my house) I left with Jill.  I was even able to leave Radd home asleep in daddy's arms for a couple hours which was so nice!  Up to the hospital we went and it's a good thing I had my camera!  I was able to let Jill do all the holding.  I felt the tears building up inside and I would have lost it had I put down the camera for more than a second.  It's REALLY, REALLY hard knowing I won't ever have a chance to give birth again.  As much as I know it's for the best, it still kills me.  There is nothing more magical or heavenly than being able to hold your baby that first time.  It's absolutely incredible.  I cherish those moments!  Okay, so on with a picture... Lia is absolutely gorgeous, OF COURSE, she has gorgeous parents!  She was so alert and awake the whole time.  I was amazed at how aware of noises and sounds she seemed.  I felt like she followed me as I walked around taking pictures.  She's so great already!  Congratulations Jen and Adam! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I wish I could be in Utah for my best friend Jen at all these important moments. Your blog made me feel a little closer to being there. Thanks so much. Lia is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to Jen, Adam, Ava, Mya, and Ana.
    Love to you all!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete