Monday, November 14, 2011

11-14-2011

Some of you may know... Neils was fired a couple weeks ago from his job of 8 1/2 years.  With the blessing of prayer and my husbands determination to find work, he was only out of a job for a week.  The downfall in his line of work is one that it's a commission job and two it is a process from the time he turns the loan in, til he gets paid on it.  So the work he did two and three months ago, he may not get paid for and the work he is doing now, he won't see the benefit until February.  Makes my stomach hurt to think about, especially around the holidays.  No one likes to have to skimp and save, but even more so when it's Christmas time.  But Christmas is really about Christ and without him, I wouldn't have this amazing man of a husband to spend eternity with.  So I'm more than grateful.  He takes such great care of this little family of mine.  I'm amazed whenever I take the time to think about all he does!
With that skimping and saving, I've been trying to figure out where I can cut back this Christmas but still make it special and magical.  My sister in law is an incredibly crafty lady.  Whenever I go over to her house, there is always something new and fabulous on her walls or shelves (and it's always something she's made).  She offered to help me make a couple things to give as gifts and I'm so grateful.  Tonight, I went to her house to make them.  When I got there, she had this... a growth chart that she had made for me.  If you remember my post, we draw on the wall every two months.  This will go in it's place and we can take it with us where ever we go.  She's so sweet, thoughtful and amazingly crafty.  I want to be more like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment