Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A painful day...

After checking her and finding out she had a fever, I went upstairs, grabbed the phone to call hubby.  I was carrying her with me and on the way down we slid.  Her chin hit the top, tile stair and I hit HARD and slid the rest of the way down.  I was scared to look at her.  The sound of her hitting the tile and not knowing what it was that hit, had me so afraid to look at her.  Would she have missing teeth?  A gash on her head with blood gushing out?  Soon it was apparent it was her chin.  Then I wondered, was it broken?  Was it going to swell up and be black and blue?  Oh, being a mother is painful sometimes.  Because I had the phone in my hand, I was able to make a call immediately and talk to my husband.  But now it was about the fever AND the fall!  Ouch!  We sat ALL day on the couch.  I didn't mind the excuse to just sit.  I needed a day to just sit.  But that means, I didn't get up for a picture of anything but our feet.  I think it's fine though, she has cute little toes that need to be repainted!  Maybe tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Awwwww - so glad you two are okay. Perfect picture for the day.

    ReplyDelete