Monday, November 23, 2009

Beauty just outside my back door...

This morning brought so much beauty.  I couldn't decide which was more gorgeous, my big tree covered in snow or the amazingly blue sky behind it.  I grabbed my camera, slid open my back door and shot these from inside my kitchen.  I forget the beauty that snow brings.  I seem to focus on my dislike of it for the obvious reasons (it's so cold and I hate driving in it), but really it's gorgeous.  I love this challenge for the reason that it makes me really focus on what's going on around me.  I'm looking at things with more depth rather than just letting it fly right on by.  This was one of those days as I starred at the snow topped houses, trees and even power lines as I drove my daughter to school.  It was a gorgeous view the whole way there.  Any other time, I wouldn't have noticed anything except the slush on the ground that I was having to drive carefully in.  So for this I am grateful!


1 comment: