Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1-16-2013

So it's been over a year, but I am back!  I am a little sad, that I missed a whole year of posting a picture a day.  As I go through some of the posts, it is such a great reminder of what my life was like.  I really enjoy seeing the pictures I posted each day.  They were mostly of my kids, but it should be that way.  They are my world.  They are the reason I take so many pictures!

In the last 6 months, I have used my iphone for taking those daily pictures.  As great as Instagram is, I can see it took the place of me taking nicer pictures with my nicer camera!  I don't plan on halting my instagram posts, just plan to take out the nice camera more often and post those daily, every day life pictures here.  I am inspired by a few people/photographers.  One being my first teacher Carin Davis.  She recently blogged about her "slurping" of her blog into a book.  It's then that I realized, I need to get back to the blog.  I need to write down thoughts and post pictures that I can soon, "slurp" myself and put into a nice book.

 Another reason, I'm a little more inspired is thanks to my hubby.  He surprised me with a new lens.  It's a lens that makes taking those every day pictures even easier.  It has a wider angle and a 1.4 aperture which allows for low light inside a small house, shots.  :)  Perfect! 

So here's to my new goal!  Many of these pictures you'll find on facebook too.  It's a quicker way for my family to see my pictures.  So that's for them, this is for me!  I think I can do this.  I've managed to get Radd onto a nap schedule (kind of a small miracle).  It's kind of worked its way out on it's own.  He wakes up at the same time every morning and we get in the car at the same time every day to go get Brooke from Kindergarten.  It just works out that he falls asleep on the way there and transfers to bed perfectly.  I've been using that time to go over the day with Brooke, feed her lunch and then shower.  I want to now squeeze in a few minutes to post a picture or two.  I think I can do it.

After getting my new lens, I was quick to use it.  Here is my first picture with it.  As soon as I could take the lens cap off and set down, Radd picked it up and put it in his mouth.  He is a teaseand it was a challenge to get it out of his mouth without breaking his cute little teeth.  I found something a little softer and something I didn't mind him biting down on so much and offered to trade.  He teased me for a bit and I joked with him and finally he switched.  He doesn't always take my no seriously.  It's fine because I just end up smiling with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment