Tuesday, January 4, 2011

day 4

Monday night, my daughter explained how devastating it was that she didn't win the contest.  Contest?  What contest?  She then went on to say that this week who ever wore the most buttons each day was the winner.  I could tell this really meant a lot to her (cause she is her fathers daughter)!  So with that I rummaged through her closet... buttons, I needed buttons.  I wanted her to be warm at the same time with it being 15 degrees outside.  What to wear?  What to wear?  I had an idea and this was it.  So come this morning I knew what would do it... what would help her win.  I laid it out on the floor so she could see it when she woke up.  I snapped this just before waking her!  We counted them up... 12!  Could that be the winning number?

I brought it up first thing after school, "Did you win?" I began asking before she could even finish getting in the car.  YES!!!  She did!  Hooray!  Success!  Oh but there's more... as soon as she explained she had won for today she told me she needed to wear more tomorrow to be sure to win again!  WHAT???  Another day?  I found out it's going on all week long.  But of course!  In any case, she won at least once.  Not sure tomorrow will be as successful, but you know I'll do my darndest when it comes to helping her win again!   

1 comment:

  1. Too Cute! You could sew a bunch of buttons on that cute scarf too :)

    ReplyDelete