Friday, January 28, 2011

day 28

Today, as I sat again staring at a little face that just wasn't getting better, I decided I better go to the doctor to make sure it wasn't anything more than influenza.  I would have gone in sooner had it not been for all the friends with kids experiencing the exact same thing.  I just couldn't believe that she could look worse after five days and still only want to lay in my arms.  Her cough had gotten so awful she wasn't getting any rest.  I am freaked by medicine and when there's a big warning to parents, I'm the first to abide.  After a visit to the doctor, I found out it was as expected, influenza and she should be on the mend now that she's not running a fever.  I gave in and gave her some of this, with the permission of a doctor of course.  Some of her coughing spells were the worst I've ever heard and she needed some relief for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment